BKK Express in Up Town Mall BGC - An authentic Thai food in fast food style

DSC_0395

Im surprised that I haven't posted a blog about my food adventure with BKK Express. Im glad that I stumbled to see my food photos album from my old laptop and when I realized about the non blog post yet, I got the energy to write my food tasting experience with BKK Express.

BKK Express is a Thai food concept at the Food Hall of Up Town Mall in BGC, it is the one of the many restaurant that is under the Cabalen restaurant company that features a foreign cuisine that are offered in food hall style.

Thai restos here in Manila are all in resto and fine dining format, its so rare to find a Thai resto that sit in the middle of the Food Hall or food court. Its so easy to order because you just have to stand infront of the counter, pay as you order and wait for a couple of minutes for your food to be freshly prepared and ready for pick up by your food tray.

DSC_0392

When I got a chance to try BKK Express, it is the moment that I learned that Up Town Mall in BGC have its own food court that they call it Food Hall.

BKK Express is one of the food stalls that offered foreign cuisine, and in rare occasion to offer Thai food as a fast food concept.

DSC_0364

BKK Express head chef - Chef Thea was there to manage the food and taste of BKK Express, he's based in Thailand and he is here to personally manage the original Thai food taste in several of Cabalen's group of restaurant --- I learned that they have 2 more Thai restaurants that I usually visit because I love the taste of their food, so it means that when a restaurant is managed by one head Thai chef, this means that BKK Express wont give any disappointments to me because the Thai food taste will be as good like the other Thai restaurants that Cabalen is managing.

I got a talk to the Cabalen manager and I learned that their ingredients and spices are directly imported from Thailand. So that's the reason why their Thai food tastes so good, it is close and considered authentic.

DSC_0437

One of the main influencer of Thai food to me is my wife Lace, she's more into these kind of food, because she likes the veggies, leaf and spices of Thai food. Because of her I converted to love Pad Thai and their iced tea.

I brought my son Ashton and my wife Lace to let her judge if the taste of BKK Express is good like the Thai restos we visit.

After some chomps and bites, she gave a thumbs up!
Wow!!! pasa kayo sa taste namin.


Here's the menu of BKK Express

DSC_0369DSC_0370DSC_0371DSC_0372DSC_0373DSC_0374DSC_0375DSC_0376DSC_0377DSC_0378

just click the photo to view large version


DSC_0390

BKK Express kitchen has a see through glass, so that customers can watch and see how their food is being prepared. Its a way to show that BKK Express kitchen is clean and food organizers are working professionally.

good job guys!


DSC_0401

After placing an order at BKK Express, they will hand over this wireless alarm to let you know if the food you ordered is ready.

The red lights will blink and it will also vibrate to alert you that your food is ready for pick up


So here are the food that were presented to us for the taste and try session with BKK Express.

DSC_0396

GRILLED THAI ISAN SAUSAGE
PHP 350

The Thai Isan sausage is much a like with our local longganisa. The different is that it comes with some veggies and peanuts to add more Thai flavorings.  I  know it tastes weird...but the weirder the taste is a mix of peanuty, salty, to sweetness and leafy flavor.


DSC_0397

FRESH NODDLES WITH ROASTED PORK
PHP 160

I haven't tried any Thai noodles on a pork broth. But its like your ramen, but it has more veggies and thick roasted pork on top. You mix the toppings together and its up to you if you want to add hot sauce to add more flavors.

I heard adding hot sauce is good. But I didnt get to try it.


DSC_0398

PAD THAI TOFU
PHP 190

When I tasted this, it reminds me of their other Thai restaurants hahahah
super love this!


DSC_0399

CHICKEN CURRY RICE TOPPINGS
PHP 170


DSC_0400

BAGOONG RICE TOPPINGS
PHP 190


DSC_0426

CHICKEN SATAY
PHP 320

Their chicken satay is good too!


DSC_0460

CHICKEN SATAY
PHP 320


DSC_0464

PAD THAI SINGAPOREAN
PHP 250

I didnt get to try this, but I'll just stick to the original one.


DSC_0428

THAI ICED TEA
PHP 55

Its good!!!! bitin lang if one glass


DSC_0402

WATERCHESTNUTS AND TODDY PALM ON ICE
PHP 125

I didn't know that Thai offers good desserts. You can grab this anytime at the BKK Express counter.

DSC_0404

STICKY RICE MANGO SUNDAE
PHP 135

My son loves it. Also we tricked on him because the dessert contains sticky rice, its so heavy and it left my son so tummy full.


DSC_0446

My son Ashton enjoying the sticky rice dessert


DSC_0456

My wife Lace.... ready to try their noodles


DSC_0414

I wish that BKK Express expand its branch around the metro. I super love their food because its all authentic, thanks to their resident Thai chef who manages all the Thai restos of Cabalen group. If you are into Thai food,  I suggest you visit BKK Express and give it a try.


BKK Express
4F, Food Hall
Up town Mall BGC

FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/TheOriginalBKKExpress/